Thursday, January 22, 2015

Intro to Fusion Scrapping (AKA Confessions of a traditional Scrapper)

Intro to Fusion Scrapping (AKA Confessions of a traditional Scrapper)
Do you love what you see in Created by Jill's gorgeous Fusion kits, but just aren't sure how to use them?   We, I can relate!!!   I've been a Jill fan from way back when she was creating traditional kits.   I loved them.  Then she had the nerve to switch to fusion!   She didn't even ask me!!!   What the heck am I going to do with all those "messy" papers and elements?  I like things neat, orderly and color coordinated. 

To be perfectly honest, I resisted tlll she put out Beach Trip.   Still my favorite kit, I just couldn't resist and bought the whole bundle.  Now, what the heck was I going to do with it????

I have two outs for this problem...scraplifting and templates!   The templates I had were very traditional, so scraplifting it is.  I took a look at layouts that Jill's CT members made.   I found one that I loved and I thought would ease me into this new style.  Did I mention I'm not much for change?  Duh!  

Now I know that when you scraplift, you don't need to use the same kit, but I'm a newbie at fusion here, I need all the help I can get!  So I found a wonderful layout by NancyC that didn't look too "fusie" (I know that's not a word!!!)



I grabbed some of my own beach photos and literally made a carbon copy of the layout!   Hey, I moved the netting!



That's pretty cool!   I always do two page spreads so I thought I would make the next one a little less lift and a little more fuse....how tough could it be?  

I grabbed yet another page of Nancy's to lift and forged ahead. 



This time I put a little more Mary-Lynne and a little less Nancy into the layout and fell in love with fusion!   The best part is that you can't do it wrong!  It's suppose to look messy and grungy and overall awesome!!!  Here's mine!




Then Jill came out with the Color Pop collection and the Color me Happy collection and I totally hooked. 

But it just keeps getting funner!  Not too long ago, Jill starting creating Blendits templates.   OMG...Cheapest therapy session you will ever have.  They can sure be used with traditional kits, but they really shine with the fusion kits.   Too much fun for words!!!!   For a great look at how these work check out my PSE12 tutorial on Jill's blog.  Also using Beach Trip.  Did I mention I love that kit??? 

So now, my challenge to you, is to created a kit with any one of Jill's fusion kits.   Pick the kit and then pick one of the CT layouts to scraplift.   If you kick on the product in the store to get the full page description of the product, you can find the CT layouts just below the product.  Or use any one of the CT layouts regardless of kit.

Post your layouts here so we can all see your beautiful work!  And be sure to tell us the layout that you scraplifted so we can give them some love too!

Here's my Beach Trip layout with Blendits1



One last thing (and the most important thing)  THERE ARE NO RULES.  You don't even have to do a "fusion" style with a fusion kit.   Here are two layouts that I made using Jill's gorgeous Remember When Fusion Kit.   One Fusion, one traditional, same kit!  Have fun and Happy Scrapping!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment